We are already finishing the summer, well, summer to say it somehow, at least here in the north … In a few days we will be receiving the winter things and among them the much desired Emu boots.
And that is the question, when many of you ask me how the UGG boots differ from the Emu.
Well let’s see it and everyone who draw their own conclusions.
- Both are boots made in Australia, specifically in the town of Geelong.
- The next point in common is in the materials they use for their manufacture. Both are made of wool from sheep reared only for wool production. A difference in this aspect is that Emu has an international WOOLMARK certificate of premium quality wool. This certificate is distinguished by a logo of a ball of wool, which ensures a sustainable production, in addition to the merino wool used is of the best quality.
- One of the big differences between both, is that Emu boots are treated to repel water (video number 1), which means that if you drop a drop of water on top of an Emu boot, it repels it and You do not have the brand. Which in the UGG boots does not happen, leaving marks on the boot of everything that falls on him. And to curl the curl Emu has a fully waterproof model (video number 2), in suede finish, which varies a bit in its design.
- Another issue to distinguish between the Emu boots and the UGG, is its aesthetics, the UGG boots are more rounded on the body and the sole is wider, whereas the Emu have the most stylized toe and the narrowest sole (in the case that we talk about the water resistant model, because the model that is waterproof has a reinforced and more rounded toe)
- And finally the most notable difference is the economic one, while UGG boots for children range from € 130.00 to € 150.00 water-resistant Emu boots are worth from € 59.00 the model of low cane, 79 , € 00 the average cane and € 99.00 which are totally waterproof.
Conclusion: in terms of quality there is no better than another. It all depends if you live in a drier or wetter place and what you are willing to spend.
I have it clear! and you?